Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
Banwari Lal Jindal Suiwala College, Tosham is a prestigious higher education institution established in 1995 and has been committed to provide quality education to students and to prepare them comprehensively for their career since then. The basic aim of college activities is to develop core competence among students and inculcate in them a profound orientation for societal welfare. The Vision of the college is to provide Quality Higher Education to the young boys & girls of this highly backward & rural region to meet the demands of industry, state & society through excellence in arts, commerce, science, computer & vocational education and develop the nascent youth force into fully capable, visionary, innovative and socially conscious human resource for Haryana and the Country.
There should be well defined norms to be followed by students, faculty, non teaching staff and college administration to maintain the rigors of quality benchmarks. They should know their respective sphere of activities and be well versed in the niceties of their desired conduct in the institution The finer aspects of the respective code of conduct of different stakeholders are given below:
Code of Conduct for Students
- They should follow rules and regulations set by the college and follow the set procedures for completion of different tasks with due diligence.
- They should remain in discipline and must not do anything detrimental to the safety of others.
- They should pay adequate respect to teachers and other college functionaries.
- Ragging is completely prohibited in any form and any such act is punishable.
- Use of Tobacco and alcohol is strictly prohibited in the campus.
- Eve teasing and sexual harassment is punishable crime and any such incidence reported may cause termination of the student from the college.
- They should not do any harm to the property of the college.
- They should not be involved in any sort of disruptive activity in the college. They should work to uphold the interests and reputation of the college.
- Notice Boards should be read daily.
- In vacant periods, they should sit either in the library or the place earmarked for them.
- The boys are not allowed to enter in the Girls’ Lawn and Girls’ Common Room.
- They must attend mentor group meetings and other college activities and functions compulsorily with discipline.
- They should work to maintain the campus greenery and environment.
- Nothing offensive should be written on walls and notice and classroom boards.
- They should switch off the fans and lights which are not in use in rooms or verandas.
- They are not allowed to bring four wheelers in the college campus.
- Entry in the college is only for the enrolled students and any outsider other than them is strictly prohibited.
Rules regarding Classes:
- The students should be regular and punctual in attending their classes.
- They must complete their study with utmost sincerity.
- They have to complete 75% attendance in classes to be allowed to sit for the examination.
- The regular absence for 14 days consecutively may lead to striking off their name from the college rolls.
- They should pay proper attention to the lectures and remain disciplined in the classes.
- Any lewd comment or indecent behaviour in the class is punishable.
- The use of mobile phones is not allowed during the classes.
- Any attempt to record the lecture of the teacher without permission is prohibited.
Rules regarding Library:
- The College Library is a great learning resource for the students.They should make use of the library regularly for adding to their academic endeavours.
- They should follow all the rules and regulations of the library, which are also mentioned in Student’s Identity card.
- They should get books issued from the library regularly and return them within stipulated fifteen days.
- They are prohibited from making noise while sitting and studying in the reading hall.
- They should make use of the facility of e-resource centres with caution so as not to make any harm to the facilities provided.
- Tearing of any page from the books issued, defacing them and not returning them after the stipulated time may lead to monetary punishment.
- The use of mobile phones in the library is strictly prohibited..
Rules regarding Internal Assessment:
- There is a provision for internal assessment of students and the marks secured are appended with marks obtained in semester examination for final result.
- The internal assessment is 20% of total marks for a paper or as decided by affiliating university from time to time.
- These marks are based on regular attendance in the classes, two assignments and one class test.
- The students should remain in touch with their respective teachers for the assignment topics, the evaluative marking and any other query.
Rules regarding Examination: .
- Students are supposed to appear in the university examinations with their full preparation and utmost probity.
- They should not indulge in any sort of copying or any other malpractice to improve their result. Copying or facilitating others in any such activity is punishable.
- The use of malpractice in examination may lead to strict punishment as provided in rules.
- They have to strictly follow the rules, regulations and norms of the affiliating university and the college.
- On examination day, they are not allowed to carry their mobile and any other electronic device.
The students are supposed to abide by these rules or the rules communicated to them through notices in the due course of their studies. If there is a case against a student for the possible breach of these rules, then Code of Conduct Committee will look into the matter and inquire about the relevant facts. If it feels the case is appropriate for a suitable disciplinary action, the concerned student may be awarded punishment after consulting with the College Council and Senior Mentors. The punishment may be warning/ restriction / expulsion/ monitory penalty/ suspension or ineligibility for readmission.
Code of Conduct for Faculty and Office Staff
- All the college staff members and administration should take pledge to do their respective duty for maintaining and enhancing the reputation and dignity of the institution.
- The students’ interest should be their prime concern and they work as mentor and guide for the students.
- They should be punctual and do their respective duties diligently.
- They should be neutral and transparent in their conduct and behaviour and work with utmost probity.
- They should work as role models for the students and any misdemeanor on the part of any staff member should be strictly prohibited.
- They should strictly follow the rules, regulations and norms as prescribed by the government and the affiliating university.
- They should be neatly dressed up and help in maintaining general hygiene and healthy conditions in the college premises.
- They should take active interest in maintaining inclusive study environment and disapprove any discriminatory practice.
- They should follow the parking rules and put their vehicles only at the designated place.
- They should make use of college ICT and other facilities only for the institutional purposes and should not use them for personal benefits.
- They should carry their identity cards along with them.
- They should work in amity and the togetherness with the whole staff should be their core value.
Expectations from Teachers:
- The teachers should be well prepared for the classes and take an active interest in providing students with the best teaching inputs.
- The teachers should also coordinate the studies with other co-curricular/extra-curricular activities for the holistic development of students.
- They should make ICT an integral part of their teaching and should be committed to adding to their teaching methods and tools.
- The teacher should do quality research so as to progress professionally.
- They should plan their assignments, seminars, and class tests in a way so as to have exhaustive coverage of the syllabus and to prepare students for the semester exams.
- They should maintain complete transparency in internal assessment and timely inform students about their deficiencies so they can improve themselves before exams.
- The maintenance of discipline is their prime duty and they should make sincere efforts for that.
- They should work for sensitizing students about national integration, constitutional values, gender equality, social work, the dignity of labor, healthy life habits, and other issues.
- They should also keep a tab on the cleanliness of classrooms, departmental rooms, proper electricity arrangements, and necessary upkeep of laboratories.
- They should take an active interest in managing and improving college facilities and activities.
Expectations from Non Teaching Staff:
- The non-teaching staff provides all ancillary support for college functioning.
- They should make necessary coordination with teaching staff and students while performing their duties.
- Their behavior with students should be cordial and supportive.
- They should maintain their respective records diligently and provide readily the information required from time to time.
- They should help in switching over all official work to digital/online mode progressively.
- The cleanliness of the office rooms and their proper upkeep is their responsibility.
- They should not divulge any information about college activities to any outsider.
Expectations from College Administration:
- The college administration is the linking pin joining all stakeholders and it should work with great sincerity and farsightedness.
- It should work with transparency and impartiality in maintaining the quality standards in the institution.
- It should not compromise in following rules and regulations and ensure discipline in all activities but with a humane touch.
- The resolution of different irritants in an amicable way should be its approach.
- It should ensure such working conditions as to help in the furtherance of amicability among staff members.
- It should take an active interest in maintaining and improving the infrastructural facilities.
- The ensuring of discipline in the college campus should its prime concern.
- It should work as a supportive link between the institution and the higher authorities so as to implement the policies as decided by the authorities with negligible friction with the staff at ground level.
The college staff and administration should abide by these rules and they should make a pledge to keep themselves in self-discipline. However, if there is a grave breach of these rules, the Code of Conduct Committee will look into the matter and inquire about the relevant facts. If it feels the case is appropriate for action, the concerned incumbent may be asked to make necessary amends. If still the situation persists, action can be taken against that member in accordance with the service rules.